So much on the Internet is ” Top Ten Whatevers” etc.
This Jungcurrents blog is even a “Top Ten Psychoanalytic Blog.“ Seriously. There is even a badge to prove it! (“Badges, we don’t need to stinking badges.”)
Thought this blog should have some Top Ten Stuff also.
1) Carl was probably a third generation bastard: his grandfather was allegedly the illegitimate son of Goethe.
2) Carl’s first dream was of an “enormous turd crashing through a shiny cathedral roof.”
3) Carl avoided school for six months when he was twelve by fainting when he was supposed to go to school or do his homework.
4) Carl married to the second richest woman in Switzerland
5) Freud fainted in 1912 and Carl carried him to a couch.
6) Carl recommended spirituality as a cure for alcoholism and had an indirect role in the creation of Alcoholics Anonymous.
7) Carl was recruited by John Foster Dulles to be a spy in WWII. (He was #488.)
9) The cover of The Police’s final album Synchronicity which was named after Carl Jung’s theory.
10) Carl’s alleged last words were, “Let’s have a really good red wine tonight.”